Following a rewarding career as a Sales Representative and Territorial Manager at Labatt Breweries Canada, Hilary transitioned to a career in photography, opening One for the Wall in 2008.
Since then, she has used her considerable knowledge of business and sales to grow a very successful enterprise, photographing over 2,000 families in Southwestern Ontario in the last 9 years.
In 2011, she began to branch her business into commercial and corporate photography, creating imagery for promotional and marketing purposes, as well as executive and professional profile portraits. Hilary has quickly become known in the thriving local business community as the first choice for both natural light and studio light photography.
Alongside her corporate work, she has also created a strong portfolio of actors, singers, speakers and other arts and entertainment professionals, who are drawn to her dramatic lighting and creative composition.
Hilary loves living in the dynamic community of Waterloo Region and is proud to share her passion for entrepreneurism, volunteerism and community involvement with her two beautiful girls, while being wonderfully supported by her husband of sixteen years.
Photo Credit: Mark Walton
Hilary is a gifted, versatile photographer at the top of her professional game. She has a wonderful welcoming energy and a unique ability to put people at ease, while also delivering technically outstanding images that capture the best of any person, performance or special event. Her work stands on its own showcasing her superb acumen for lighting and creative composition while also being fun, relatable and impactful. She has an uncanny talent for capturing people and moments in their best light ultimately delivering stunning pictures that stand out from the crowd. Take into account her professionalism, efficiency and generous community involvement, it’s no wonder she’s always in demand.
Marketing Manager, Drayton Entertainment
Artistic Director, KW Glee
Hilary is a dream to work with! She has a keen eye, a warm heart and is a stickler for getting the lighting just right! I always feel free to be myself in her capable hands and she always delivers stunning photos that capture who I am as an artist.
Hilary has a tremendous eye for portraying her subjects in a flattering, yet exciting way. We’ve worked together on a number of client shoots and she’s nailed it every time, with everyone loving their portraits. She’s also extremely professional, on time, on schedule and with quick turnaround. I would highly recommend her for commercial photography work.
President and CMO, Ignition Communications
Over the past two years, we have been fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with Hilary on numerous photo shoots for our social business, cuddle+kind. Hilary creates beautiful images of our cuddle+kind dolls that perfectly capture the fresh and light-hearted essence of our brand for use on our website and social media. Hilary is thoughtful, flexible, and patient. She is more than willing to take multiple shots of our dolls with minor adjustments just to get the perfect shot. We also appreciate Hilary’s versatility; she not only creates delightful product shots, but also captures macro details of our dolls, and images with newborns and children. Besides creating beautiful images, it is truly a pleasure to work with Hilary. She is both an outstanding photographer and person; Hilary just radiates positivity and energy. We would absolutely recommend Hilary to anyone looking for exceptional quality commercial images and always look forward to working together; we leave with beautiful images and a day filled with laughter and smiles.
Jennifer + Derek Woodgate
cuddle + kind
Hilary Gauld Commercial has been instrumental in transforming the way our clients see our people. Hilary captures the true spirit of people.
VP Marketing, IAIC
- Stratford Festival, Show Photographer
- Drayton Entertainment, House Photographer
- KW Glee, Official Photographer
- KWMP (Kitchener-Waterloo Musical Productions)
- KW Youth Theatre
- NorthCore Productions
- Dragonfly Productions
- The Singers Theatre
- Cuddle + Kind
- FlapJack Kids
- The Ivy and Alex Project
- UC Observer
- Waterloo Region Down Syndrome Society
- University of Waterloo Creative Services
- Wilfrid Laurier University Grad Association
- WATCH Magazine, Cover and Interior Images
- Ontario Veterinary College, Brochure Photography
- Google Canada
- Manulife Financial
- Sunlife Financial
- Kraus Flooring
- Conestoga Meats
- Walmart Canada Pharmacies, Print and Display Ads
- Nikon D3100 National Television Commercial, Featured Image
- Tiny Prints, Shutterfly
Awards & Recognition
- Rogers Oktoberfest Woman of the Year 2018, Arts & Culture
- Rangefinder Magazine, First Place in the Portrait Competition 2017
- Clickin Moms, VOICE Photo Competition Finalist, 2015, 2016
- Featured in Mozi Magazine, August 2015 Child & Family Issue
- WOW Mentor Award Nominee (WOW the World) and Recipient of Global Stories Award, 2015
- Most Magazine - Waterloo Region, Cover Story Article, "Picture Perfect Success"
- NAPCP Photographer of the Year 2013 - 2014, National Association of Professional Child Photographers
- WOW Award Nominee (Women of Waterloo), 2014
- KW Region Arts Award Nominee, 2014, 2015
- National Association of Professional Child Photographers “International Image Competition” winner (2 first place, 2 second place, 2 third place and 10 Merits)
Clients of Note
- Dr. Donna Strickland, 2018 Nobel Prize Winner in Physics
- The Honourable George R. Strathy,Chief Justice of Ontario
- David Johnson, Governor General of Canada, for NOW Magazine
- Dave Jaworski, Current Mayor of Waterloo, Ontario
- Brenda Halloran, Former Mayor of Waterloo, Ontario
- Michael Harris, MPP Kitchener-Conestoga
- Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman, Alphabet, Inc.
- Michael Wekerle, Merchant Banker and Television Personality on CBC's Dragon's Den
- Feridun Hamdullahpur, President, University of Waterloo
- Greta Podleski, Author "Yum & Yummier", Chef and Television Presenter
- Natalie MacNeil, NY Times Bestselling-Author, She Takes On The World, The Conquer Kit
- Roshan James, Canadian Poet - "This Is My Story, This Is My Song"
- Stacey Kennedy, USA Today Bestselling Canadian Author - Club Sin, Dirty Little Secrets and Filthy Dirty Love Book Series
- Marsha Vanwynsberghe, Canadian Author - "When She Stopped Asking Why"
- Eden Hennessey, Wilfrid Laurier University’s Graduate Student Researcher of the Year, STEM Project
- Delaney Jane, Juno-Nominated Musical Artist - Dance/Electronic
- Alysha Brilla, Juno Award-Nominated Singer and Music Producer
- Josh Bogert, “Miles” on Disney & Family Channel’s BACKSTAGE
- George Wendt, Death of a Salesman, Drayton Entertainment 2017
- Danielle Wade, Winner CBC's Over the Rainbow, Music Man at Stratford Festival - 2018 Season, The Wizard of Oz at Mirvish Productions, Anne of Green Gables at Drayton Entertainment
- AJ Bridel, Kinky Boots at Mirvish Productions, The Wizard of Oz at Drayton Entertainment, Contestant, CBC’s Over the Rainbow
- Evlyn O'Toole, Strictly Ballroom at Mirvish Productions, -2017 Season, Carousel at Stratford Festival, 2015 Season
- Jayme Armstong, Singing in the Rain, Mary Poppins, Legally Blonde, Chicago, The Little Mermaid at Drayton Entertainment
- Sarah DaSilva, Music Man at Stratfor Festival - 2018 Season, The Sound of Music at Stratford Festival - 2015 Season
- Blue Rodeo, Centre in the Square, 2017
- Joni NehRita, Soul Jazz Musician
- Scotty James, Singer-Songwriter
- Amy Rola, Singer-Songwriter
- Phil Heath, Five-Time Mr. Olympia
- Adele Newton, Radio Host 96.7 CHYM FM
- Kelly Lovell, Canada’s Top 20 Under 20, Ontario Provincial Change the World Youth Ambassador, Recipient of the QEII Diamond Jubilee Medal
- Shane Feldman, Founder & Executive Director of Count Me In, Canada's 20 Under 20
- Piper Gillies and Paul Poirier, First Place, U.S. Classic Skating Championships
- Canadian Country Music Awards 2011, Gift Lounge Photographer in partnership with Angela Smith Photography and Fronte and Sentre Communications